This is a live document that will likely change as our community grows. If you ever have any questions about it, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goal of features.cpanel.net
The goal of this site is to encourage and streamline feedback from cPanel's community into something trackable and tangible. We want this site to encourage feedback, and allow for meaningful interactions for our community. We expand on this in our article "What to expect from the cPanel Features Site"
While the entire internet is full of fantastic and wonderful people, we have found that every community has its fair share of situations that lead to distraction. To avoid allowing those situations on this site, we've decided it's best to start with some simple guidelines.
- We have a zero tolerance abuse policy. All interactions will be civil, and discourse will be productive.
- Discussions not directly enhancing the feature request in question should be taken to the forum or an email thread.
- Zero-effort comments will be removed. For example:
- Me too!!!!
- Oh muh gawd yes!!!!!!!!
- six months old :(
- This is very much needed.
- Promotion of third party plugins, services, and products is strictly prohibited.
Comments should expand or clarify the existing request, and provide quantifiable, or qualifiable, justification for the statements made. Samples of good comments:
- "This request would also satisfy my need of..."
- "This request should not be implemented because..."
- "This feature would make my life easier because..."
- "I think this feature would be better implemented as..."
While we would hope to see these simple guidelines followed without fail, it does seem likely that rules will be broken. Violations will be handled on a per-case basis, but will likely follow these steps:
- First violation will result in the the violating account being disabled for 1 week
- Second violation will result in all votes for that account being removed and the account being disabled for 1 month
- Third violation will result in permanent removal of all voting rights, and permanent ban of the user
Any attempts to subvert the results of a violation will, themselves, be considered violations.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
Last Modified: April 2016