cPanel & WHM Version 94 has been released, and brings a slew of great updates. Take a look at what is included, and then upgrade today!

Backup network connection from second ISP

Adi Pađi shared this idea 7 months ago
Not Planned

Hello,

I think it will be more than normal to be able to setup a backup internet connection from a second internet service provider in case the main connection will be down :)

Thanks,

Adrian

Comments (6)

photo

We only support licensing on a single IP address, You can set up a secondary network connection to the server (which is something you would need to arrange with whoever providers the server infrastructure). You would either need to arrange for both connections to use the same outgoing IP Address that is used for your cPanel licensing, or move their IP address within our licensing system to use the secondary connection for fallback.

photo

"We only support licensing on a single IP address" - a backup connection will be used maybe 5-8 hours/year :)

"need to arrange for both connections to use the same outgoing IP Address" - if the connection link from the main provider is down, how can the traffic go through?

"move their IP address within our licensing system" - a second license for the same server ? :)

photo

Sorry, but I suppose that here is a "feature requests" section, not the "explain what we don't have and how can patch/hack it"

photo

And, do you think this is some rocket science, not normal, irrelevant for data centers or some naughty request to have a possibility to add a second ISP? :)

photo

Ask your data center to do this or, purchase your own IP range, hire 2 dedicated links and ask your providers to publish their IP (BGP), finally schedule a swap between interfaces.

note: no need to be rude, this is a portal to request

features being added, it is not a portal to FORCE features being added

photo

ok, sorry :) I don't wanna force nobody

maybe will be a good idea if someone who know how to do it to share with us :) at least at concept/architecture level, because you say "Ask your data center to do this" but how can they do it?

and it's very important ( from my point of view ) to have a backup internet connection

Leave a Comment

Attach a file