cPanel & WHM Version 100 has been released, and brings a slew of great updates. Take a look at what is included, and then upgrade today!

Remove Mail Subdomain from AutoSSL

oldchili shared this idea 3 months ago
Needs Review

I would like to completely remove mail. subdomain from AutoSSL. I've disabled the "Service subdomains" option in WHM >> Tweak Settings, but AutoSSL still creates the mail subdomain.

I think we should have an exclusive list of what subdomains AutoSSL will control.

Replies (4)

photo

While there isn't a global option to control this, you can choose what domains are covered in the cPanel >> SSL/TLS Status page.

photo

Yes, we use that. But I think at a higher level excluding this mail subdomain altogether makes more sense. I don't think we should assume that all customers use mail. I know for us, we have 0 mail accounts and never use cPanel for mail.

photo

That makes sense - I've updated the status now.

photo

This would be great!

It'd also maybe be good to have an easy way to disable it on multiple accounts with that subdomain already set, even if it was doable through shell. We—as I imagine others will too—have hundreds of websites with mail subdomain AutoSSL coverage already set due to this default even if the mail is not there, so it's either barrage of emails about "potential reduced coverage" or update manually every single account as they pop up.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file