Suggestion to improve phpMyAdmin, keep "settings" after logging out
I have several custom PMA settings, and keep 3 tabs open all the time for regular copy-and-paste queries. I also have mobile internet that goes down occasionally. When the internet goes down and I restart it, PMA throws this error on all 3 tabs:
Error in processing request Error Code: 401 Error text: Token Denied (rejected) It seems that the connection to server has been lost. Please check your network connectivity and server status
In order to get back to where I was, I have to follow these steps:
1. Close 2 of the tabs, so that only one remains
2. Refresh the page
3. Log in to PMA
4. Click on "More settings"
5. Select "Import from browser's storage", then click "Go"
6. I always have a warning of "Missing data for Default transformations for TextLink"... "Do you want to import remaining settings?" I've tried a million things to fix this error, but nothing works. So I have to click "Yes".
7. One of my settings eliminates the left column, so now I have to click "Databases"
8. Select the database I want
9. Select "SQL" to get back to where I was
10. Right-click the tab, then "Duplicate" to open 2 new tabs
Now I can copy and paste the queries back to each of them, getting me back to where I was.
This happens at least a few times a week, sometimes more. It's a huge annoyance!
My suggestion would be an option on the page where you "Import from browser's storage" to "Remember these settings", making this a permanent modification. Followed, of course, by an option somewhere to return to the default.