OpenLiteSpeed as drop-in for Apache
As a cPanel User, I would like OpenLiteSpeed added as a drop-in replacement for Apache because a full license for LiteSpeed is prohibitively expensive for a single user, and I believe that there are some real benefits for a large group of users that are (only) using WordPress websites.
Here are some of the key features that make OpenLiteSpeed better than Apache:
- Low resource usage,
- LSCache-support for caching and optimizing WordPress, Joomla, OpenCart, Drupal 8, XenForo 1.x and 2.x, MediaWiki
- High-performance page caching,
- Static content up to 5X faster than Apache,
- PHP up to 3x faster than Apache,
- HTTPS up to 4x faster than Apache,
- mod_rewrite support,
- Accelerate static content delivery, compress throughput,
- Brotli and GZIP Compression,
===== ===== =====
I know there is a separate license for LiteSpeed, but that license is a bit expensive for single users like me. Therefore I would like to see the addition of OpenLiteSpeed as a drop-in replacement for Apache.
I know you recently implemented an experimental release of Nginx, but for me it feels like OpenLiteSpeed is much faster than Apache.