This object is in archive!
PHP 5.5.0 released
The key features of PHP 5.5.0 include:
- Added generators and coroutines.
- Added the finally keyword.
- Added a simplified password hashing API.
- Added support for constant array/string dereferencing.
- Added scalar class name resolution via ::class.
- Added support for using empty() on the result of function calls and other expressions.
- Added support for non-scalar Iterator keys in foreach.
- Added support for list() constructs in foreach statements.
- Added the Zend OPcache extension for opcode caching.
- The GD library has been upgraded to version 2.1 adding new functions and improving existing functionality.
- A lot more improvements and fixes.