Show License Information in WHM
As a WHM Administrator, I would like for the interface to have a page containing all the license information in the API with an automatic warning email warning of license expiration in order to simplify server administration.
Currently there is no information in WHM about the license currently assigned to your IP. I believe this information should be available within WHM and that you should be able to configure a threshold to warn you if you are near the limit.
Here are my suggestions:
- Show the current usage count on the main WHM screen, with changing colors when you are close to your limit.
- A separate page containing all the license information such as the type, expiration date, reseller, ...
- A button to refresh the license (same as running /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt)
- Send a warning mail when you are near a threshold, if the license changes and if the license is about to expire.
- Make this information available via the API.
As licenses are often purchased via a datacenter or reseller and are assigned to IP, as a server administrator you have no control over it. At least provide us directly with information so we can react.
Feel free to add other suggestions!