Support MyDumper (Faster MySQL dumping)
maybe cpanel should include mydumper support, much faster mysql database backup than mysqldump - 3x to 10x times faster due to mydumper being multi-threaded
from my own mydumper mysql backup tests
- mydumper = 1,008MB per minute that’s ~59GB per hour!
- mysqldump = 315MB per minute that’s ~18.5GB per hour
The test was done on virtualised Xeon W3550 3.06Ghz 1.5GB SATA disk based CentOS 5.5 64bit server but with only 2 cpu cores allocated. So it could potentially be much faster with more cpu cores/threads. Mydumper authors claim up to 10x times faster than mysqldump!.
Mydumper (aka. MySQL Data Dumper) is a high-performance multi-threaded backup (and restore) toolset for MySQL and Drizzle. The main developers originally worked as Support Engineers at MySQL (one has moved to Facebook and another to SkySQL) and this is how they would envisage mysqldump based on years of user feedback.Mydumper features
- Lightweight C source
- Up to 10x faster dumps compared to mysqldump
- Consistent snapshots for transactional and non-transactional tables (in 0.2.2 onwards)
- File compression on-the-fly
- Binary log dumps
- Multi-threaded restore utility (in 0.2.1 onwards)
- Daemon mode for timed snapshots and continuous binary logs (in 0.5.0 onwards)
- Open Source! (GNU GPLv3)
- Mydumper is still under active development but is well tested/used in production on some large installations.